No Products in the Cart
This website saltlagos.com ("the Site") is owned and operated by Salt Lagos Limited
trading as SALT LAGOS ("us", "our" or "we"”seller”).
Salt Lagos is a limited liability company incorporated in Nigeria whose Registered Office is at 1b, Namtl Waterplace, Osborne Foreshore estate, Ikoyi. This document is only available in English.
The following constitutes a legal agreement between a visitor ("you"”buyer”) and us with respect to our website service, the terms of which are set out below. You must be at least 18 years of age to agree to and enter into this Agreement on your own behalf and to register for use of this Site. If you are under 18 but at least 15 years of age, you must present this Agreement to your parent or legal guardian. Children under the age of 15 may not register on this Site, and parents or legal guardians may not register on their behalf.
When registering on our Site or purchasing a Product, by checking the box indicating your acceptance of this Agreement, you represent that (i) you have read, understood and agree to be bound by this Agreement and (ii) you are at least 18 years old, either entering into this Agreement for yourself or entering into it on behalf of your child or a child in your legal care. If you are a parent or guardian entering this Agreement for the benefit of your child, please be aware that you are fully responsible for his or her use of this Site, including all legal liability that he or she may incur. Each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your username or password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network. If you do not agree to (or cannot comply with) any of these terms and conditions, do not check the acceptance box when registering on our Site or purchasing a Product and do not attempt to access the Site.
Our Site is established to enable you to chose and purchase products from our Site ("Products””Goods”) that we offer for sale online.
Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or to our entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
1. These terms and conditions shall apply to the sale of the Products by Salt Lagos to you to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions referred where you have agreed to such variation in writing and by way of signature. By ordering from Salt Lagos, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions and accept that these conditions may be modified or amended and posted on the Site from time to time.
2. Please note that to place an order, we normally require at least 48 hours’ notice.
3. Our opening times are Mondays to Saturdays from 10am to 5pm.
4. Orders placed outside our working hours will be attended to on the next working day.
5. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. After placing an order, you will receive an email from us. This email is an Order Confirmation to notify you of the fact we have received and accepted your order. This order confirmation acts as an invoice.
6. Your purchase order cannot be accepted until payment in full for the Products ordered has been received by us at which time a legally binding agreement on the terms set out herein will become effective.
1. The images on our website or social media pages are examples of our cakes. All our products are handmade and can be ordered in different sizes from those shown on the website or social media pages.
2. Due to the above mentioned, your product may have variations from the images on the website or social media pages.
1. Please note that Salt Lagos requires 100% non-refundable payment to confirm the Buyer’s order.
2. The price to be paid by you for any Products will be as quoted on our Site except in cases of obvious error. We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an invoice, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as an incorrect pricing.
3. Our prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due before completion of your order.
4. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an invoice.
5. Orders CANNOT be cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice.
6. Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our Site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our order confirmation procedures, so that where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when invoicing you. If a Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our Site, or we are no longer able to supply a particular Product for some reason, we will contact you by email to advise you and/or to obtain your confirmation that the amended price is acceptable.
7. Payment for all Products must be made via our Site either by debit card or transfer, and transfers to account details on invoices sent and those accepted by us are those listed on our website on the date when your order is placed. We will send you an email upon receipt of payment.
8. All debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses or for any reason does not, authorise payment to us, whether in advance of or subsequent to a payment, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery of the Products ordered.
1. Where samples of Products are shown to the Buyer, the Buyer hereby accepts that they consider such samples to be representation of Products. Any description applied to the Goods is only given by way of identification and does not constitute a sale by description.
3. The buyer will be required to choose a design for the celebration cakes purchased. Where the buyer does not specify the preferred design for the celebration cakes, Salt Lagos will use its discretion to design the cake.
4. We cannot guarantee an exact replica of any cake. However, we will do our best to match as close as we deem possible. Exact colour matches are not guaranteed.
5. Where the buyer is not satisfied with the design of the cake, any alterations will be at the discretion of Salt Lagos.
6. We will not be held responsible for the Buyer’s disappointment of the design or the interpretation as long as it is made in line with the Buyer’s pre agreed requirements set out in the order confirmation and will face no consequent liability.
7. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure all details within the order confirmation are correct and meet their exact requirements. 8. Accessories and toppers such as flowers, fresh or artificial, toppers, berries, etc, are subject to availability. the seller will inform the buyer where there is no availability at least 24 hours before the collection date.
1. If you have any queries or need to make any changes to an order, please contact us at email@example.com immediately.
2. Alterations and amendments must be communicated in writing. We will assess the request for an alteration, and endeavour to make alterations where possible, dependent on the design and the amount of notice given.
3. Accepting any alterations is at the discretion of Salt Lagos.
4. Alterations requested less than 48 hours before completion may be subject to a surcharge.
5. We reserve the right to change the design of a cake order at any point if circumstances beyond our control compromise the quality of the finished product. The Buyer will be notified of any such changes, and we will endeavour to keep any changes minimal.
6. Please be aware that the customer service department is closed on Sundays. Any amendments or cancellations for orders due between Tuesday and Sunday must be made at least 48 hours before the day your order is due. For orders due on Monday, amendments and cancellations must be made 72 hours before the day your order is due.
1. Slots book up fast in advance and Next Day Delivery cannot be guaranteed to be always available if other customers have booked their order in advance for the day you require. To avoid disappointment, booking as far in advance as possible is advised as our handmade products require time to prepare.
3. You are expected to pick up your order during our working hours.
4. If for any reason you find yourself unable to collect your order from the designated shop within the given time slot, we will retain your ordered Products for collection by you for 24 hours. However, please note that we will not be held responsible for products not picked up on the agreed pick up date.
6. Salt Lagos will not take back any undamaged goods from the buyer unless agreed in writing by Salt Lagos.
7. We cannot be held liable for damages to the cake or products once they havebeen picked up by the Buyer.
8. We cannot be held liable for damages to products delivered, once the products have been set up at the venue or delivery location and we have received a signature for the safe receipt of the goods on our delivery note (we will deliver with a delivery note).
9. Due to the fragile nature of our products, we advise that the collection vehicle is driven carefully, well airconditioned, has a flat surface, and is clean and tidy. This is the responsibility of the Buyer.
10. We will always endeavour to dispatch the products within the allocated time slot. However, delivery timings cannot be specified or guaranteed.
11. Salt Lagos will not be held liable for deliveries delayed by factors beyond our control e.g., traffic, heavy rain, flood, etc.
12. In the event of anticipated delays, Salt Lagos will inform the Buyer immediately.
13. Refunds will not be given for delayed deliveries especially in unforeseen circumstances, as stated above. If in the unlikely event the delivery is delayed, we will always endeavour to deliver the products to you as soon as possible.
14. Upon collection/delivery, it is important to note that Products displayed outside are liable to react to the temperature. In hot or humid environments, there is the possibility of decorations melting or damage to Products as all our cakes are covered in buttercream or whipped cream. We, therefore, advise the Buyer takes this into consideration when placing an order.
15. We do not provide cake tables, tablecloths or cutting knives.
16. It is the responsibility of the buyer to provide these or check with the venue to ensure these items are provided.
17. ALL our cakes MUST be refrigerated to avoid damage.
8. Our Products may contain non-edible ingredients or decorations, such as non-edible printed pictures, toppers, dowels and wires. These must be removed before serving or eating.
1. The Products will be at your risk from the time you collect the Products from our kitchen or we deliver them to you.
2. Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due for them, including delivery charges.
1. We do hope that you will be pleased with your purchase. However, if upon collection or delivery of the Products you find that they are not those ordered by you (for example, the size or wording is incorrect), or the order is incomplete, or a Product is in a damaged condition when you receive it, or of poor quality, please either return to the bakery or notify us within 12 hours via email at firstname.lastname@example.org including an image of the Product as you received it and your order number. If a product is not as on the Order Confirmation or damaged, we will correct, replace or refund your purchase. Subject to our report on the claimed damage and to the Terms and Conditions we will refund the price you paid for the returned Products. We will have no liability to you for any indirect loss.
2. Since taste is a very personal matter and subjective, we cannot accept the return of any Products merely because you do not like the taste.
3. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on our Site and to ensure that the colours on screen are as close as possible to the colours of the actual product. However, all products are made by hand so colours may vary. Accordingly, we cannot accept the return of any product because it does not match the shade you were expecting.
4. If you wish to make a complaint to us or let us know any concerns after receiving the Products, please do so in writing by sending us an email to email@example.com . Evidence of any faults, damages or discrepancies should be included.
5. Refunds or replacements will be given at the discretion of Salt Lagos.
6. The provisions of this clause do not affect your statutory rights.
1. We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time, for example, to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities.
2. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions before we send you the invoice/order confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the Terms and Conditions).
YOU AGREE that:-
A. it is your responsibility to provide accurate personal information ("Personal Data") and to update your Personal Data as necessary to keep it accurate. You undertake that all the details you provide to us for the purpose of selling and delivering Products to you are correct and that the credit card or debit card that you propose to use is your own or that of a third party who has given you full permission and authority to use it and that you or such third party have sufficient funds to meet the costs of Products ordered. We will not store your credit card or debit card details anywhere on the Site;
B. it is your responsibility to ensure that your email address is current otherwise certain functions of the Site will not be available to you.
C. it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data especially your username and password. You will not allow others to use your username or password and you will notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of either of them. We shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorised use of your username or password and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless, for any improper, unauthorised or illegal uses of the same;
D. we shall be entitled to withdraw from any purchase order made by you if the Product is inaccurately described on the Site or where obvious errors have been made;
E. whilst we will utilise anti-virus protections, it is your obligation to ensure that any use you make of our Site is free of any virus, Trojan horse, worm or any other items of a destructive nature. You will not hold us responsible for any damages that result from you accessing the Site (including any software or systems you use to access the Site);
F. you will not attempt or permit or encourage others to attempt to copy or make use of any intellectual property appearing on our Site for any commercial use or in any manner which would constitute an infringement of our copyright.
G. variation in computer, browser and operation will create differences in visual layout and usability of the Site. We have given due care and attention to minimising these differences but cannot be held responsible for specific operational differences.
The computer, internet access and system operated by you and your ability to use the same may affect your ability to purchase any Products from our Site. You acknowledge and agree that any system requirements necessary to preview, and /or view and/or purchase any Products from our Site are your responsibility.
1. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Site or parts of it if at our sole discretion we believe you are in breach of any provision of this Agreement. If your access has been suspended or terminated, you will not be permitted to re-register or to re-access the Site without our prior consent.
2. You will only use the Site for the purposes referred to in this Agreement and not access the Site or use information gathered from it to send unsolicited emails.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our directors, employees and consultants from and against any and all claims, losses, demands, causes of action and judgments (including solicitors' or attorneys' fees and court costs) arising from or concerning any breach by you of this Agreement and/or these Terms and Conditions for your use of the Site and you agree to reimburse us on demand for any losses, costs or expenses we incur as a result thereof.
1. You may not transfer or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
2. We may sub-contract, transfer or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions in whole or in part.
1. We may require you to change your username or password or any other information which permits you access to purchase Products from the Site.
2. We have the right to withdraw any Product from the Site for any reason without notice to you and you agree that we will not be responsible for any loss, damage, or cost as a result of such unavailability.
3. Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased.
4. We will not be liable for errors or omissions on the Site nor for loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any unavailability of the Site or by any use by you or reliance placed on the Site or its contents including any damage caused to your computer or otherwise howsoever, or any direct, indirect or consequential loss or loss of data.
5. We shall not be liable to you for the failure of any equipment, data processing system or transmission link and will not be liable to you as a result of any down-time which may occur upon the Site.
6. The Site is provided "as is" and you acknowledge that despite our reasonable endeavours the Site may contain bugs, errors and other problems (including, but not by way of limitation) infection by viruses (despite anti-virus protections which may be incorporated) or anything else which may cause contamination or destruction of any sort that may cause system failures. Notwithstanding, we will use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. We shall not be responsible to you for damages or otherwise in respect of any error made to any listing of or reference to Products.
8. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Site (or any part thereof) without notice to you and without any liability to you or to any third party.
9. We reserve the right to deactivate your account if it has not been active for a period of 12 months or more, and to remove it from the database if no communication has been received from you for a further 3 months after deactivation has occurred.
10. Links to third party websites on the Site are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Site. We have not reviewed all of these thirdparty websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
11. We welcome 'hot links' to the Site, but not 'deep linking' by which we mean that you may not include a link to our Site, or display the contents of our Site, surrounded, or framed or otherwise surrounded by content not originating from us without our consent. Any unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress and may result in the termination of this Agreement or other remedies as set out in this Agreement.
1. All intellectual property content on the Site including, without limitation trademarks, button icons, logos, graphics, and images is owned by us and is protected by Copyright laws. Your use of them is governed by this Agreement, certain end-user licence agreements, and applicable law.
2. You will infringe our rights if you copy or reproduce any part of the Site save for:
2.1 a temporary copy of any part of the Site which is automatically made or retained by your browser as you browse the Site; or
2.2 you printing out any pages from the Site as a record of any Products you have purchased from it; or
2.3 you printing out a copy of the Terms and Conditions which we would request you to do; or
2.4 your own personal use provided that: o 2.4.1 no documents or related graphics on the Site are modified in any way;
2.4.2 no graphics on the Site are used separately from the corresponding text; and
2.4.3 the Company's copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
Other than for the above four exceptions you must not copy the intellectual property in question for any purpose.
For the purposes of these Clauses 1 and 2, "copy" and "copying" shall include non-literal copying as well as the copying of the structure and form of the Site and any elements within it.
This Agreement is only for the benefit of you and us and no other person can claim a benefit from this Agreement by virtue of the Privity of contract rule.
This Agreement and any other terms or documents referred to herein represent your entire agreement with us with respect to your use of this Site. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with the applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. Nigerian Law governs this Agreement and your use of the Site, and you expressly agree that the Nigerian courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute between us or relating in any way to your account or your use of this Site.
You acknowledge that we may change the terms of this Agreement by posting a new Agreement on the Site. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to check the Site regularly to ascertain if changes have been made and your continued use of the Site after such a change will constitute your acceptance of the changes. By reading this Agreement and continuing to use this Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement which is available from every page of our website saltlagos.com.